In addition to sharing our expertise in the areas of speech and language therapy, the professionals at Progressive Speech Therapy want to provide you with new research and interesting articles that may impact your family. Please take some time to glance through the articles listed below to determine which ones may be beneficial to you.
- Praise the Process, Not the Product (Posted 10/05/2010): This blog post gives great examples of phrases to use when praising children. These types of praise, in contrast to some more common phrases, encourage self-monitoring and therefore, generalization of skills. See my 10/05/2010 blog post regarding self-monitoring.
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech: Key Factors in Appropriate Therapy Approach (Posted 08/16/2010): Read this brief article that notes key components to look for in your child’s apraxia therapy.
- Effects of Music Therapy in the Treatment of Children With Delayed Speech Development – Results of a Pilot
Study (Posted 08/16/2010): Interesting ideas regarding the effectiveness of music therapy.
- 10 Non-Toxic Tips to Keep Bugs from Biting (Posted 07/03/2010): Are you looking for ways to cut chemicals from your life? Here is a better way to keep bugs away from your kids.
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech and Prosody (Posted 06/22/2010): This article gives valuable information regarding prosody (melody of speech) problems that are often associated with CAS, the therapy techniques that can cause further prosody issues, and the techniques that can help them. View my 06/22/2010 blog to learn more.
- Hearing Loss (Posted 05/24/2010): Early identification of a hearing loss is vital. When a child is identified, a parent must deal with new grief and responsibility. It is uncharted territory for most parents, and they need direction. The following article is a resource for parents who have a child who was recently identified with a hearing loss.